Loreto Bowbazar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Your Favourite Books

3 posters

Go down

Your Favourite Books Empty Your Favourite Books

Post  Ishita Sen Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:39 pm

I'm sure that we all love reading, so let us share our common fascination for books in this topic. Very Happy Let everyone know what is your favourite book and author. Also let us now why you prefer that particular book to the others.. Wink

My favourite book of all time is "Golpo eksho ek(101 stories)" written by Saytajit Ray(who is also my favourite author)..... Smile First of all I would like to say that I feel the most comfortable when I'm reading Bengali Literary Works because since Bengali runs in my blood, I can love the language more easily than I can love English...It's the simple fact that I can relate to it easily, gives it a special place in my heart!! And "Golpo 101" is a wonderful collection of mesmerizing 101 short stories which will keep you glued to it.....The stories are not at all difficult to read as I had read it when I was just 9 years old....but all the stories have an inner meaning which, though is difficult to understand, are extremely beautiful once understood.... Very Happy I'd recommend "Golpo 101" if you are looking for some book to be read after examination!! Razz
Ishita Sen
Ishita Sen
Admin

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-05

https://myschoolrocks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Books Empty my favourite book (books rather!!!)

Post  Sreya Ghosh Mon Feb 18, 2008 11:27 pm

O this is really good topic to post!!
Unlike you , Ishita, I am not so much into Bengali literature, though I have read quite a few (short stories by Rabindranath Tagore and the Feluda series by Satyajit Ray). Since you are recommending it, I’ll definitely try reading ‘golpo 101’ too when I get the time.
My favourite author and book always change from time to time, because often when I have decided on a favourite one, I happen to read a better a book by a better author, and then I end up changing my mind!! But my all time favourite author is The Queen Of Crime- Dame Agatha Christie. She is truly a versatile author; though her books are almost all mystery novels, they are are of varied character, and let me tell you not two of her 80 (yes you read that right!) books are alike! She truly deserves the title she has been given. My favourite book by her is “The Murder Of Roger Ackroyd”- a real mindspinner with a truly surprising ending. In this novel, Christie’s brilliant writing skills are at their best. I suggest you read this after your examination. Believe me people you will have full satisfaction – guaranteed! Another book that I like by her is “And Then There Were None”, also known by the title “Ten Little Niggers”. This is an equally favourite of mine which will keep you guessing right till the end!! The ending is beautiful. Infact Christie herself said that it is one of her best books. I recommend you read this on a dark , gloomy , rainy day, it puts you in a mood for the novel. Another book you are bound to like is “Murder On The Orient Express”.
For those who want to avoid any form of morbidness, murder or otherwise, I recommend you read “The Alchemist “ by Paulo Coelho, “To Sir, With Love”by E.R.Brathwaite, and also “Malgudi Days “ by R.K.Narayan (a classic favourite). Also I like the short storis for children by Ruskin Bond. Also novels by Georgette Heyer , like “Black Moth”, “These Old Shades”, “The Conqueror” and “Powder and Patch” are good.
For those more inclined to read humourous books, I suggest you try the DEAD FAMOUS and HORRIBLY FAMOUS series by Scholastic. They’re actually books on historical personalities like Cleopatra, Alexander the Great, Leonardo da Vinci and others. You must be wondering how this can be interesting, let alone funny?? But believe me it is! It’s DEAD FUNNY and if you really want to study History in a fun manner, try these books. The illustrations and presentation are excellent!! There is also another book you must read which is on communism. You will find it in the history section in the library, its a book with a red cover. I can’t quite put my finger on the tiltle right now, but when I remember it, I will surely post it for everyone to read, because it is really a good book!
Ok, I think I’ve written an essay!! So I think its goodbye now!
Sreya Ghosh
Sreya Ghosh

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Books Empty Re: Your Favourite Books

Post  Debashmita Sur Thu Feb 21, 2008 7:23 pm

Unlike Ishita, I'm not quite into Bengali books. I do, however, love the 'Feluda' series by Satyajit Ray and some others Neutral . But that's about all. I am, as all my friends already know only too well, a huge fan of J.K. Rowling, and of course, 'Harry Potter'!!! I love everything about it- the storybooks, movies, actors (except Rupert Grint), it's writer- everything I love you . I love Daniel Radcliffe, the actor who potrays Harry in the film, especially. The other books I like a lot include the ones by Agatha Christie (like Sreya), 'The Chronicles of Narnia' and others. Among the children's section, I like the works of Enid Blyton (Famous Five, Secret Seven, Five Find-Outers, Adventure series, etc.), Ruskin Bond and Francine Pascal (i.e. 'Sweet Valley'). I've also begun liking the books by Paulo Coelho, recently. So, it's mostly fantasy and detective books that I like best. By the way, I hate long novels Mad , except 'Harry Potter', of course Wink !
study

Debashmita Sur

Number of posts : 6
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Back to top Go down

Your Favourite Books Empty Re: Your Favourite Books

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down