Loreto Bowbazar
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The education system

5 posters

Go down

Do you like giving exams?

The education system Vote_lcap60%The education system Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
The education system Vote_lcap0%The education system Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
The education system Vote_lcap40%The education system Vote_rcap 40% 
[ 2 ]
[ 0 ]
[ 0 ]

Total Votes : 5

Poll closed

The education system Empty The education system

Post  Sreya Ghosh Sun Feb 10, 2008 7:00 pm

No one likes to mug up off the wall theories that they can't understand. So a lot of people (bless them) have raised their voices against the prevalent education system, saying that the subjects should be taught in such a manner, that children take great interest in them. For example they should be taken to the museum for learning History or taught the subject like a story, instead of the teacher reading out from the text book and burdening them with notes! Do you agree? Would you like to perform experiments everyday and learn a subject in an interesting manner instead of just sitting with your book and cramming your head with dull black and white details?? Let us know your opinion! Plus a poll to see how much you love exams!
Sreya Ghosh
Sreya Ghosh

Number of posts : 59
Registration date : 2008-02-08

Back to top Go down

The education system Empty Re: The education system

Post  Ishita Sen Sun Feb 10, 2008 11:45 pm

Looks like we've voted for the same options!! Very Happy Well, it's natural for our thoughts to match, after all we are in the same boat and best friends!!! Very Happy

I don't have any problems with the other subjects except for the BIG(syllabus wise) 3:

1. English Literature- This is a good subject but it would have been better had there not been any 'Silas Marner'... WB board had changed the Syllabi of the other subjects to meet the mordern day demands...I bet they had forgotten about English Literature... Crying or Very sad Silas Marner as a story book is undoubtedly excellent but I'd prefer something else(an perhaps something psychologically simpler) to Silas Marner for Examinations!! Neutral

2.Geography-Too much to study about India and Asia....I have a good mind to remind the Board peple that there's a huge world Outside the Asian Landmass which would also be interesting for us to study!! Very Happy

3.History-um.....um.....well...NO COMMENTS!! Wink
Ishita Sen
Ishita Sen
Admin

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-05

https://myschoolrocks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  paulami roy Mon Feb 18, 2008 4:56 pm

studies are fun when i solve maths, its fun when i do physics or chemistry experiment or read something interesting from other reference books, its fun too to bisect cockroaches and lizards Twisted Evil and observe different animals and insects and plants.

reading stories like silas marner in english and bengali literature is something which i love. I love you

paulami roy

Number of posts : 28
Registration date : 2008-02-16

Back to top Go down

Post  Ishita Sen Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:37 pm

paulami roy wrote:studies are fun when i solve maths, its fun when i do physics or chemistry experiment or read something interesting from other reference books, its fun too to bisect cockroaches and lizards Twisted Evil and observe different animals and insects and plants.

reading stories like silas marner in english and bengali literature is something which i love. I love you

Wow...everyone should learn how to be happy from Paulami!! Very Happy Really, Paulami, you are happy with everything...I mean you have such a positive attitude towards life...I am inspired!! Smile
Ishita Sen
Ishita Sen
Admin

Number of posts : 76
Registration date : 2008-02-05

https://myschoolrocks.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Seamonti Chaudhuri Thu Feb 21, 2008 3:51 pm

I agree with Ishita too!! We really should learn from Paulami!!!!!!!! Laughing study
Seamonti Chaudhuri
Seamonti Chaudhuri

Number of posts : 51
Registration date : 2008-02-15

Back to top Go down

Post  paulami roy Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:22 am

people please dont make me blush....im not that good as you think....hehe but i try to be....hehe Neutral

paulami roy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sreya Ghosh Fri Feb 22, 2008 12:26 am

Seamonti Chaudhuri wrote:I agree with Ishita too!! We really should learn from Paulami!!!!!!!! Laughing study

Same here! It's not like I hate studies, but sometimes they get on my nerves, the "conventional" way they're taught. I wish we could study any four subjects that we liked. It would make things easier for us, but noooo the authorities just have to make you suffer and grumble. What pleasure do they get out of it, making us suffer?? Suspect Personally I feel they should assess us in literature through some other means like asking OUR opinions on a piece of literaure or a composition, instead of forcing us to stuff our heads with silly ready made answers, garnished with a lot of garble Shocked . But I've noticed that people aren't fond of being literary critics, they like to copy and paste other people's work, not think for themselves. But these days, the questions have become a bit critical, though they some are so critical now,that it becomes difficult. So literature will always be a probem!!
In language the things are okay, but vocabulary quizzes would make it a lot more fun.
About science, they should go for applications instead of asking us to state laws. That way we'll be made to think, and not mug.
Geography is okay, but it could have been better. And for history , we should be taught in the same manner that scholastic presents it in its "dead famous" series. Try reading some of these books, and you'll really love history.
Sreya Ghosh
Sreya Ghosh

Back to top Go down

The education system Empty I agree

Post  srutimallik Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:07 pm

I agree with Ishita about our syllabus.
In fact ,all should learn from Paulami...any freetime she gets she starts scribbling and solves maths problems in such huge way that probably even Einstein would be scared. affraid
I hate the Unit test system...it's just like the board feels that we are guineapigs of their experiments. No

srutimallik

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-02-21

Back to top Go down

Post  paulami roy Fri Apr 11, 2008 10:29 pm

hahaha einstein scared of me!!! not even from one cell of the eye!!!

paulami roy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sreya Ghosh Sat Apr 12, 2008 12:24 am

Good point sruti- we really know how to waste our free time don't we?? and also I too think the board is conducting too many experiments on us, and its definitely hampering my studies. And if anyone thinks this is an odd time to reply, then I'm sorry, this is the time I usually log in!!!
Sreya Ghosh
Sreya Ghosh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum